Twenty step-by-step eco-projects for budding preschool ecologists!
Calling all mini eco-warriors and their parents! This fun and exciting book is filled with nature-themed eco-projects for kids. It’s a gentle introduction to topical issues in the world today, like climate change, conservation and recycling – ideal for curious kids who want to make a difference.
Look, I’m an Ecologist allows young readers to do what they do best: imagine, create, learn, problem-solve, and play their way to a greener planet. Inside you’ll find:
– A wide range of activities with an environmental focus is supported by simple information, so young readers understand the issues faced by our planet in a play-based, hands-on and child-friendly context.
– Easy-to-find and internationally available materials and resources.
– Projects designed to be shared and enjoyed by children and parents or carers.
– Visual step-by-step instructions allow young children to access every part of the activity – from set-up to sensory exploration and conclusion, making them actively responsible for their learning.
– An expertly written book by environmentalist and zoo learning manager Cathriona Hickey, who has vast experience in communicating science and ecology topics to young children.
This charming arts and crafts book for kids will help them discover that they already have what they need to become an ecologist: a curious mind, unlimited imagination and super senses! Little ones can explore a wide range of projects, including building a bird feeder, making compost, painting pebbles, weaving a spider’s web, growing plants and even building a model of a rockpool!
The practical activities support preschool and kindergarten curriculums with clear pictures and easy-to-follow instructions. This nature book for kids will show them how fun it is to be green and use their senses to explore the natural world!
DK’s Look! I’m Learning series of exciting and educational STEM books, focusing on the sensory experience of practical learning and play and finding science in everyday activities. Hands-on learning experiences tap straight into kids’ insatiable curiosity and sense of wonder. Try the other titles in the series next, including Look I’m A Cook, Look I’m A Maths Wizard, and Look I’m An Engineer.